VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5 is a disaster recovery and business continuity solution from the VMware,which automates the transfer of virtual machines to a local or remote recovery site. SRM works perfectly with the existing vSphere software and it operates as an extension of vCenter server. This article will talk about what’s new features released with VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5. VMware released VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5 with the existing and lot of cool features which made easy the management and monitoring of SRM. Lot of new improvements has been made in the interoperbaility with other VMware products. Let’s talk about the new features of VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5.
What’s New with VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5
vSphere 6.5 Compatibility
- VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.5 is fully compatible with vSphere 6.5.
- It has full integration with new vCenter server 6.5 HA feature. SRM will continue working even if vCenter HA fails over
- SRM 6.5 fully supports the windows vCenter 6.0 to vCSA appliance 6.5 migration. If a customer uses the migration tool to upgrade and migrate their environment from vCenter 6.0 on Windows to vCenter 6.5 on the VCSA, from an SRM standpoint this is just seen as an upgrade and is fully compatible with a standard SRM upgrade
- SRM 6.5 supports the protecting VMs that are using VM encryption along with Storage Policy-Based Protection Groups.
- SRM 6.5 now supports Two-factor authentication such as RSA SecurID.
- Integrtaion with new vSphere Guest Operations API which makes VM IP address changes and scripts running on VMs will be more secure now.
Integration with vRealize Operations Manager
SRM 6.5 marks the first time that vROps has a management pack for monitoring SRM. This will allow for monitoring of the SRM server, Protection Group and Recovery Plan status from within vROps. This makes it easier to monitor, manage and troubleshoot Site Recovery Manager 6.5
vSAN 6.5 Compatibility:
As similar to previous version, SRM 6.5 is fully supported and compatible with vSAN 6.5 using vSphere Replication. SRM with the combination of vSphere Replication provide low cost disaster recovery and protection for vSAN workloads.
SRM 6.5 now supports protection of VMs located on VVOLs using vSphere Replication. If you are using storage other than vSAN you owe it to yourself to take a look at VVOLs and see what you can get out of using them.
Enhancements in API and vRO Plug-in
There have been a number of enhancements to the programmatic interaction with SRM 6.5. These take a few forms, primarily: exposure of a number of new options in the SRM API and significant enhancements to the vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) plug-in for SRM to take advantage of these. Additionally, SRM 6.5 now fully supports unattended/silent installation and upgrades. This makes the deployment of SRM much faster and easier, saving you time and money.
In addition to all the above new fetaures, vSphere Replication now supports VM RPOs of as low as a 5 min on most VMware compatible storage. VMware Site Recovery Manager with the combination of vSphere Replication 6.5 can protect your critical VM’s better than earlier with reduced RPO. That’s it. I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading !!!. Be social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.post was originally published on this site